AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  Wiki  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

Partagez | 

English only

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Guerrier Aguerri
Nuage de l'Aube

Nuage de l'Aube
Guerrier Aguerri

Féminin
Date de naissance : 08/12/1997

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeJeu 26 Mai - 18:48:23

It's great !!! (even if they are mistakes; I make mistakes too so I can't say anything about that; incidentally, there are certainly a lot in this answer Wink )
I'll never dare to present 'Warriors' to my class because I'm sure all the pupils are going to make fun of me for a while then x). Actually, when I was 11 years old, lots of my classmates read Warriors books but now they find that a story about wild cats isn't for people of my age --' I disagree, but I prefer them to ignore that I like this collection.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Étoile
Plume de Feu

Plume de Feu
Étoile

Masculin
Date de naissance : 01/05/1996

Membre
Livre préféré::
Dernier livre lu:: Exil

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeJeu 26 Mai - 19:10:50

In my school, I'm the only reader of Warriors, with my french learner, and many pupils know I read it and they don't make fun of me, and if they make fun of me, I say " Do you read a book ? " so they answer " No ! " and I can say " So you can close your mouse, because you don't know about what you speek " .

PS : I speek English but it's not perfect and I try to speek English more time to read Warriors in English.
http://forum-guerredesclans.forumgratuit.org/
Roche de glace

Roche de glace
Wubadubdub

Féminin
Date de naissance : 17/09/1995

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeJeu 26 Mai - 19:28:50

Plume de Feu you done a little mistake in the verb speek, it's speak Very Happy

Well I have no idea of what you talk 'cause everybody know (or not) that i havent read any of these books LOL
But Poussy' I think your presentation is good for a pupils like you ahahah no no im kiddin', it's good good (Y)
And talking about people who despise you because you read, unfortunately it exist everywhere, in my class if you read books (not the book teachers forced to read) you are an alien ! Like "Omg this guy so boring, he reads !" LOL i find this kind of mentality completely silly but well nothing can make people change their mind, they still be like they want : stupid.
Étoile
Plume de Feu

Plume de Feu
Étoile

Masculin
Date de naissance : 01/05/1996

Membre
Dernier livre lu:: Exil

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeVen 27 Mai - 18:53:44

Roche de glace : you're right, it's " speak " !

In my school, there are withal readers, of Harry Potter for exemple.
But a big part of the students don't read anythink.
http://forum-guerredesclans.forumgratuit.org/
Jeune Guerrier
Plume de Faucon

Plume de Faucon
Jeune Guerrier

Masculin
Date de naissance : 19/10/1993

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeVen 27 Mai - 20:28:57

Oh ho ho, so this thread is alive again.

Okay, I'm kinda late to come in and comment on Poussière d'Etoiles little show and tell, since you already got your mom to check it over, but I will say that it looked good for a rough draft, despite some mistakes.

...Admittedly I giggled a bit at "lectors". I know that was supposed to be "lecteurs", or "readers" in English, but I couldn't help but think Hannibal Lecter.

So now we're talking about how people don't read as much? Okay, admittedly, I don't read as much as I'd like to, but I still enjoy a good book, and it's just ridiculous that some people look down on others for it.

I also once did a book report on Warriors in grade 10, and didn't seem to get any mocking. I also got one of the highest marks in the class, so there's that to consider, too. Very Happy
http://hyperadam.deviantart.com
Étoile
Souffle de Lune

Souffle de Lune
Étoile

Féminin
Date de naissance : 22/04/1995

Membre
Dernier livre lu::

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 28 Mai - 8:56:22

Poussière d'Etoiles a écrit:
    Lol, this subject is very old ^^
    Tomorrow, for my "show and tell", I decided to present to my class Bluestar's Prophecy
    Here, my presentation (my mother didn't already correct it, so I think that they are some mistakes ^^)

Citation :
    I would like to present you a book form one of my favourite collection : Bluestar's Prophecy.
    The name of this english collection, written by Erin Hunter, is "Warriors", and talk about the life of 4 wild cats's Clans in the forest : ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan, and ShadowClan.
    There 4 Clans leave in peace, but with sometimes wars for territory, or querels about food.
    In each Clan, there is a special organisation, with a leader, a deputy, a medecine cat, warriors, apprentices, queens with their kitten, and olders.
    So this book talk about Bluestar, the ThunderClan's leader, from her born until her death, and the role she was to play for help her Clan.
    It's one of the 5 special edition of this very big collection. They are actually 23 books written in english, with guides, special editions, and mangas ; but only 13 books traduced in french.
    That's the reason why I choose now to start reading the books in english, and also to improve my english level.
    I really like the books, because there are lot of actions, the principle of the books is very intrusting, and the characters are very "attachants".
    Some people will say that it's only for young people, but I know some lectors that have more than 20 years old and really like this collection

So, what do you think about it ? Very Happy
    | I was in the mood for correcting. xD

Poussière d'Étoiles a écrit:
    I would like to present you a book from one of my favourite collection : Bluestar's Prophecy.
    The name of this English collection, written by Erin Hunter, is Warriors. It talks about the life of four wild cats Clans living in the forest : ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan, and ShadowClan.
    Those four Clans leave in peace, but they sometimes fight for territory, or querrel about food.
    In each Clan, there is a special organisation, with a leader, a deputy, a medecine cat, warriors, apprentices, queens with their kitten, and elders.
    So this book talks about Bluestar, the ThunderClan leader, from her birth until her death, and the role she played to help her Clan.
    It's one of the five Super Editions of this very big collection. There are actually twenty-three books written in English, with Field Guides, Super Editions, and mangas ; but there are only thirteen books translated in French.
    This is why I chose to start reading the books in English. I wanted to do it to improve my English level, too.
    I really like the books, because there are lots of action, the principle of the books is very interesting, and the characters are very “attachants”.
    Some people will say that it's only for young people, but I know some readers who are more than twenty years old and who really like this collection.

| Sorry, too lazy to point out your mistakes. Razz
Administratrice
Poussière d'Etoiles

Poussière d'Etoiles
Administratrice

Féminin
Date de naissance : 21/01/1995

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 28 Mai - 10:09:08

Rolling Eyes
I sayed that's my mother corrected it, and I actually know my mistakes, it's not a reason for you to do it, it's stupid.
But if you like do it, ok ... ^^
Étoile
Souffle de Lune

Souffle de Lune
Étoile

Féminin

Membre

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 28 Mai - 10:24:51

| I said I was in the mood for correcting, no matter how useless it could be. Razz
Étoile
Perle d'Azur

Perle d'Azur
Étoile

Féminin
Date de naissance : 26/01/1995

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Juin - 15:01:04

I'm so happy !
I will go to England for two weeks ! I can't wait !
Guerrier Aguerri
Rivière de Sable

Rivière de Sable
Guerrier Aguerri

Féminin
Date de naissance : 16/09/1998

Membre

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Juin - 15:31:33

wow you are lucky !! I d love go here too ! When did you go and where ?
Étoile
Perle d'Azur

Perle d'Azur
Étoile

Féminin

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Juin - 15:34:58

I go monday ^^ It's soon !
And i go to London for two days and next i go to Trquay, a city on the South-East coast.
Guerrier Aguerri
Rivière de Sable

Rivière de Sable
Guerrier Aguerri

Féminin

Membre

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Juin - 16:55:37

Well , you are a big traveller. I hope you will have good times !!
Étoile
Perle d'Azur

Perle d'Azur
Étoile

Féminin

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Juin - 16:57:50

Thanks, I hope too !
And you, do you go to holidays ? (Je suis pas sûre que cela se dise comme ça ^^)
Guerrier Aguerri
Rivière de Sable

Rivière de Sable
Guerrier Aguerri

Féminin

Membre

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Juin - 17:58:38

(si ca se dis comme ca Wink )
Yes i go to corsica in august for 3 weeks but before i go with the school to Oleron Island next week .
Petit

Griffe Blanche
Petit

Féminin
Date de naissance : 27/08/1994

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Juin - 18:31:28

Perle d'Azur a écrit:
Thanks, I hope too
And you, do you go to holidays ? (Je suis pas sûre que cela se dise comme ça ^^)

I'm pretty sure it's "do you go on holiday" if that's what you're trying to say. (In American English it would be "on vacation" so I wouldn't be sure).

I hope you have a great time in England (especially London), Perle d'Azur. I haven't been there before but I heard that it's a great place!
Étoile
Perle d'Azur

Perle d'Azur
Étoile

Féminin

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Juin - 18:55:25

Griffe Blanche a écrit:

I'm pretty sure it's "do you go on holiday" if that's what you're trying to say. (In American English it would be "on vacation" so I wouldn't be sure).

I think you're right. Thanks for your correction !

Griffe Blanche a écrit:
I hope you have a great time in England (especially London), Perle d'Azur. I haven't been there before but I heard that it's a great place!

AzurPearl please Razz
Thanks ! I think to you when I'll be there ! I'm sure that English capital is a wonderful place !
Petit

Griffe Blanche
Petit

Féminin
Date de naissance : 27/08/1994

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Juin - 21:55:44

Perle d'Azur a écrit:
Griffe Blanche a écrit:

I think you're right. Thanks for your correction !

You're welcome!

Perle d'Azur a écrit:
Griffe Blanche a écrit:

AzurPearl please Razz
Thanks ! I'll think about you when I'm there ! I'm sure that English capital is a wonderful place !

Thanks! I appreciate it!

There were just a few minor errors
Jeune Guerrier
Plume de Faucon

Plume de Faucon
Jeune Guerrier

Masculin

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDim 19 Juin - 11:27:55

Perle d'Azur a écrit:
I go monday ^^ It's soon !
And i go to London for two days and next i go to Trquay, a city on the South-East coast.

Torquay? Holy crap, that's where Fawlty Towers is set!

Best sitcom ever. Seriously.

But seriously, I went to England once when I was, like, 9. I've forgotten a lot of it, but I remember that it was nice.
Guerrier Aguerri
Rivière de Sable

Rivière de Sable
Guerrier Aguerri

Féminin

Membre

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDim 19 Juin - 13:20:02

Griffe Blanche a dit :
"I'm pretty sure it's "do you go on holiday" if that's what you're trying to say. (In American English it would be "on vacation" so I wouldn't be sure). "

Yes you are all right except for american english I think that' s it but I' am don t sure .
Roche de glace

Roche de glace
Wubadubdub

Féminin
Date de naissance : 17/09/1995

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMer 22 Juin - 21:48:48

You correct some mistakes doing others... But well im not here to be a teacher cause im very far to be a bilingual. That's all ive to say, good night Razz
Apprenti
Neige Blanche

Neige Blanche
Apprenti

Féminin
Date de naissance : 07/01/1999

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeJeu 23 Juin - 11:56:17

Hello !

I’m very "Contente", holidays is tomorrow.
http://ecole-poudlard.xooit.org
Guerrier Aguerri
Nuage de l'Aube

Nuage de l'Aube
Guerrier Aguerri

Féminin
Date de naissance : 08/12/1997

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeJeu 23 Juin - 12:03:44

I'm very happy too because I'm already in holidays :DD. But (what a shame !) I have to work because next week there is the 'brevet' and I know nothiiing :// I especially need to learn history because I am not good at this :'(
Guerrier Aguerri
Rivière de Sable

Rivière de Sable
Guerrier Aguerri

Féminin

Membre

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeVen 1 Juil - 10:15:48

I think "brevet " translates "test"
Étoile
Souffle de Lune

Souffle de Lune
Étoile

Féminin

Membre

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeVen 1 Juil - 19:07:41

| You can't translate “brevet” at all. There's no equivalent in English for that test. Don't leave an opportunity for English people to try talking French, their tone is so funny xD
Jeune Guerrier
Plume de Faucon

Plume de Faucon
Jeune Guerrier

Masculin

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeVen 1 Juil - 20:31:14

Souffle de Lune a écrit:
    | You can't translate “brevet” at all. There's no equivalent in English for that test. Don't leave an opportunity for English people to try talking French, their tone is so funny xD

Yup, she's right. To my knowledge, you don't take the brevet in any English-speaking countries (in fact, I barely even know what it is...), so there just isn't an English word for it. You would just keep it as brevet.

Contenu sponsorisé

English only - Page 9 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

English only

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 9 sur 15Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Suivant