AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  Wiki  
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go /1 To
1099.99 € 1999.99 €
Voir le deal

Partagez | 

English only

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Administratrice
Poussière d'Etoiles

Poussière d'Etoiles
Administratrice

Féminin
Date de naissance : 21/01/1995

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeJeu 18 Nov - 17:25:17

Heeeeey you know what ?!!
Yesterday I've watched one episode of "Galactik Football" (yes I know it's for the children, but it's very funny Very Happy) in english because I don't found it in french, and I've understood almost all !!!! ( I'm very proud of me, but I know that it's most easy than Smallville and the american's series when the actors "eat" the words ^^ )
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Roche de glace

Roche de glace
Wubadubdub

Féminin
Date de naissance : 17/09/1995

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeJeu 18 Nov - 18:32:00

Ahahaha Poussieres d'étoiles !!
Thanxs Plume de Faucon but u know my singaporean friend taught me (ive remembered) the chinese dialect like nub it's not english it's chinese dialect and... Ive lost my words i dun know what i had to say pig !! Okay lets fall (it's like that to say "laisse tomber" ?) but i agree with u for the chat language ! Very Happy
And.... im happy ive found an old paper of english in my class of 6° n ive laughed front my mistakes !! Ahahaah like "im think" !! alien
Incredible, uh ? Plume de Faucon u think an american can understand wad i say ? ahahaha Smile
Jeune Guerrier
Plume de Faucon

Plume de Faucon
Jeune Guerrier

Masculin
Date de naissance : 19/10/1993

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Nov - 1:44:26

Poussière d'Etoiles a écrit:
Heeeeey you know what ?!!
Yesterday I watched an episode of "Galactik Football" (yes I know it's for the children, but it's very funny Very Happy) in english because I couldn't find it in french, and I understood almost all of it!!!! ( I'm very proud of myself, but I know that it's more easy than Smallville and the american's series when the actors "eat" the words ^^ )

Hey, good job! I've watched TV in French, and although I get the gist of it all, I don't get every little thing... I think the only reason I can keep up so well with The Simpsons and Futurama is because I know them so well in English. Smile

But yeah, not to ruin your accomplishment, but you still made some mistakes...

@Rocher de glace : I thought "nub" was just short for "noob"...

Yeah, I'm sure you would be well understood. Smile

Oh, god... I can just imagine how bad some of my early French work must have been... I mean, we started out pretty much just listening to really stupid songs that tried to demostrate grammatical things that we didn't grasp until much later...

Also, "fall" is just "tomber"; "laisse tomber" would be "drop".
http://hyperadam.deviantart.com
Administratrice
Patte de feu

Patte de feu
Administratrice

Féminin
Date de naissance : 10/04/1997

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Nov - 3:32:27

I don't watch TV in english, because I don't have the goods chanels (canaux?), and I would like to see Harry Potter in ensglish, but I don't like the Brittsh accent ! ._____.

But I read in english, and I understand a lot! =D
Roche de glace

Roche de glace
Wubadubdub

Féminin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Nov - 8:20:54

Thanxs Plume de Faucon, okay i will remember my lessons Smile

Me, read or see something in english... not for me !! ahahahaha i listen lots of american music and i try to understand, and it's not very disastrous !! Aahahahah Buei Pai we say in singaporean means "Pas mal" ou Quite good :DD
Administratrice
Poussière d'Etoiles

Poussière d'Etoiles
Administratrice

Féminin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Nov - 9:39:46

Plume de Faucon a écrit:
But yeah, not to ruin your accomplishment, but you still made some mistakes...

oh no, thank you to( or "for" ? ) correct my mistakes Wink

Plume de Faucon a écrit:
Hey, good job! I've watched TV in French, and although I get the gist of it all, I don't get every little thing...

It's true that frenchs speak very quickly Laughing
What have you seen ? Very Happy
Jeune Guerrier
Plume de Faucon

Plume de Faucon
Jeune Guerrier

Masculin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Nov - 14:05:06

oh no, thank you to( or "for" ? ) correct my mistakes Wink

No problem. And it would be "Thank you for correcting my mistakes".

Yeah... Why do people speak French so quickly?

I've watched, of course, The Simpsons and Futurama, Tintin, and occasionally some gameshows.

Patte de feu a écrit:
I would like to see Harry Potter in ensglish, but I don't like the Brittsh accent ! ._____.

Bollocks. British accents are bloody awesome! Very Happy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-yujpm487c
Administratrice
Poussière d'Etoiles

Poussière d'Etoiles
Administratrice

Féminin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Nov - 14:32:33

Plume de Faucon a écrit:

Yeah... Why do people speak French so quickly?

I've watched, of course, The Simpsons and Futurama, Tintin, and occasionally some gameshows.

I don't know, it's like the americans Laughing
Tintin is nice, and the books (BD) too. I think that you ma can undertand them, they are also easy to read Smile
Roche de glace

Roche de glace
Wubadubdub

Féminin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Nov - 14:57:54

Poussieres d'étoiles bd c'est comics Smile Comic Strip de Gainsbourg <3 LoL

Oh my god british accent is so hilarious, i dun love anyway but it's funny ! ahahaha Very Happy

Dernière édition par Roche de glace le Dim 21 Nov - 15:00:17, édité 1 fois
Jeune Guerrier
Plume de Faucon

Plume de Faucon
Jeune Guerrier

Masculin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Nov - 15:00:01

I don't know, it's like the americans Laughing
Tintin is nice, and the books (BD) too. I think that you ma can undertand them, they are also easy to read Smile

I guess I'm just used to Americans speaking, then...

Heh-heh, I already have a bunch of Tintin books in English from when I was younger. I would like to try reading some in French, too. Smile
Administratrice
Poussière d'Etoiles

Poussière d'Etoiles
Administratrice

Féminin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeDim 12 Déc - 9:15:43

Yeah, I up the subject ! ^^

Friday I watched The Two Towers in english, with english subtiles, and I can say that for me ... it was very funny Laughing
I understood almost all the sentences, but if I did'nt know the french sentences, I think that "je n'aurais" not understood many moments, because the actors speak verry quickly, and so the subtiles are quikly too ^^

Have you ever seen The Lord of The Rings in french, Plume de Faucon ? Razz
Jeune Guerrier
Plume de Faucon

Plume de Faucon
Jeune Guerrier

Masculin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeVen 17 Déc - 21:21:07

Crap, I didn't notice that you posted...

Well, I haven't specifically seen The Lord of the Rings in French, but other than occasionally watching some TV channels from Quebec, I've watched some stuff in English with French subtitles on YouTube and I once watched a few episodes of an anime with the Japanese audio and only French subtitles. It was challenging, but fun. Smile
Administratrice
Poussière d'Etoiles

Poussière d'Etoiles
Administratrice

Féminin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Déc - 10:39:00

Oh Quebec movies ! I think that it was funny for understand Laughing
Nuage d'Océan

Nuage d'Océan
Administratrice ; Gagnante du Concours photo

Féminin
Date de naissance : 12/09/1995

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Déc - 21:37:08

I have watched "Raiponce" today. Whaaa, it's a funny film *o* I love! And tomorrow I will go to the cinema to see it again, with my little brother!
Administrateur Sadique
Leopardshadow

Leopardshadow
Administrateur Sadique

Masculin
Date de naissance : 17/07/1912

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSam 18 Déc - 22:04:33

Nuage d'Océan a écrit:

I have watched "Raiponce" today. Whaaa, it's a funny film *o* I love! And tomorrow I will go to the cinema to see it again, with my little brother!

I've seen it twice, and i'm heading to see it in english in Paris ! I love you

I've got a dream ! I've got a dreaaam ! ♪
Étoile
Souffle de Lune

Souffle de Lune
Étoile

Féminin
Date de naissance : 22/04/1995

Membre
Livre préféré::
Dernier livre lu::

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeJeu 23 Déc - 9:27:10

| I knew it for a while, but JeuxVideo.com announced it today: Okami Den won't be translated in French.

| That's only one more confirmation: Capcom has decided to kill its best licenses. Of course, Okami Den won't pay much money, 'cause they'll sell it in English... in France. And if there's a continuation of this game, I guess it won't even be out in France. The same goes for Ace Attorney.

| Really, I'm angry. And I realize I really did well improving my English level, because I'll need it... How long before being forced to learn Japanese to understand an Ace Attorney game?
Administratrice
Poussière d'Etoiles

Poussière d'Etoiles
Administratrice

Féminin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeJeu 23 Déc - 9:49:01

Sorry, but I've seen this word many times and I don't know what it means : "while" Laughing
Jeune Guerrier
Plume de Faucon

Plume de Faucon
Jeune Guerrier

Masculin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeJeu 23 Déc - 13:25:05

Souffle de Lune a écrit:
    | I knew it for a while, but JeuxVideo.com announced it today: Okami Den won't be translated in French.

| That's only one more confirmation: Capcom has decided to kill its best licenses. Of course, Okami Den won't pay much money, 'cause they'll sell it in English... in France. And if there's a continuation of this game, I guess it won't even be out in France. The same goes for Ace Attorney.

| Really, I'm angry. And I realize I really did well improving my English level, because I'll need it... How long before being forced to learn Japanese to understand an Ace Attorney game?

Oww, that's gotta suck... Why would they decide to stop translating stuff into French?

I'm pretty sure they won't stop with English, though. Internationally speaking it's a very widely spoken language, so it opens them up to a large audience. But I've also heard that localisation of their Ace Attorney / Professor Layton crossover hasn't been 100% confirmed, so that might be something to worry about...

Sorry, but I've seen this word many times and I don't know what it means : "while" Laughing

Grah, I'm bad at translating single words...

And this is a tricky one, because it can be two completely different words depending on the context. For example, if you're saying someone sings while they work, then "while" would be "pendant". But if you're saying something will take a while, it would mean something more along the lines of "longtemps" or "certain temps".
Administratrice
Poussière d'Etoiles

Poussière d'Etoiles
Administratrice

Féminin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeJeu 23 Déc - 14:51:34

Ok, thank you, your translations are better than a internet translator Very Happy
Étoile
Souffle de Lune

Souffle de Lune
Étoile

Féminin
Date de naissance : 22/04/1995

Membre
Livre préféré::
Dernier livre lu::

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeJeu 23 Déc - 15:01:41

Plume de Faucon a écrit:
    Souffle de Lune a écrit:

Oww, that's gotta suck... Why would they decide to stop translating stuff into French?

I'm pretty sure they won't stop with English, though. Internationally speaking it's a very widely spoken language, so it opens them up to a large audience. But I've also heard that localisation of their Ace Attorney / Professor Layton crossover hasn't been 100% confirmed, so that might be something to worry about...
    | Capcom Europe subdivised itself, but the subdivisions have no money. Ironically, it's because Capcom France exists that the games which are too “risky” to commercialize are used to save money by not translating them into French. And that's how we have English games sold at the same amount than the French-translated ones... 40 €. Which is incredibly enormous for an English video game...

| About Layton VS AA, it is indeed not planned to be localized in America, but they said that if they got enough replies on their blog post about the release of the game, they will “seriously consider it”. Since there's more than 2,000 replies on it, I guess there's a good chance for it being released in English, but regarding a French localisation... I'm more skeptical.
Jeune Guerrier
Plume de Faucon

Plume de Faucon
Jeune Guerrier

Masculin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeJeu 23 Déc - 16:59:13

Souffle de Lune a écrit:
| Capcom Europe subdivised itself, but the subdivisions have no money. Ironically, it's because Capcom France exists that the games which are too “risky” to commercialize are used to save money by not translating them into French. And that's how we have English games sold at the same amount than the French-translated ones... 40 €. Which is incredibly enormous for an English video game...

Hmmm... Sounds pretty messed up...

I know that there were troubles with getting Investigations to Europe, but it really seems like Capcom Europe still has a lot of problems...

Souffle de Lune a écrit:
| About Layton VS AA, it is indeed not planned to be localized in America, but they said that if they got enough replies on their blog post about the release of the game, they will “seriously consider it”. Since there's more than 2,000 replies on it, I guess there's a good chance for it being released in English, but regarding a French localisation... I'm more skeptical.

Well, aiming for even more than 2000 is probably safest. Very Happy

I don't see why they wouldn't. There are enough Professor Layton fans to warrant the games being localised, and enough Ace Attorney fans to warrant the games being localised... Put them together, and I'm sure they'll get enough replies.
Roche de glace

Roche de glace
Wubadubdub

Féminin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSam 26 Fév - 22:05:07

Hi this section was pretty forgotten LOL so here i am to save the english section ahahah *i stop*

No im here to ask a question to Poussieres d'Etoiles, can we post a video in english in this section ? I mean videos are allowed ? Thanks for your reply Very Happy
Nuage d'Océan

Nuage d'Océan
Administratrice ; Gagnante du Concours photo

Féminin
Date de naissance : 12/09/1995

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSam 26 Fév - 22:28:33

huuummm I'm a member of the staff (not Poussière d'Etoiles) but I thinks you can Wink
Roche de glace

Roche de glace
Wubadubdub

Féminin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeDim 27 Fév - 1:22:30

Oh thanxs i ask Poussieres d'Etoiles cause i think (im not sure) she's the only to speak in this section... Well thank you so this is my video, freakin hilarious ! Very Happy

Enjoy !
Administratrice
Poussière d'Etoiles

Poussière d'Etoiles
Administratrice

Féminin

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeDim 27 Fév - 8:53:50

Nuage d'Océan a écrit:
    huuummm I'm a member of the staff (not Poussière d'Etoiles) but I thinks you can Wink
??? A moderator is considered as a membre of the staff, why did you say that ?

Contenu sponsorisé

English only - Page 7 _
MessageSujet: Re: English only   English only - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

English only

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 7 sur 15Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Suivant